(Effective Date January 1, 2020)
How Information Collected is Used
Information collected, whether voluntarily provided by you or automatically collected, may be used to provide requested products and services and support our business functions, in accordance with applicable laws and restrictions. By way of example and not limitation, we may use your information to: (a) provide customer service; (b) register and service your account; (c) respond to requests for products and services and answer any questions; (d) send you notifications about products and services; or (e) analyze for trends and statistics. Notwithstanding any other statements or representations here or elsewhere on the website, we reserve our right to disclose any information in our possession if we are required to do so by law, as requested by our regulatory agencies, in connection with the sale of all or a portion of our businesses, or if we believe, in good faith, that such a disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, defend our rights or property, or to respond to an emergency situation.
How Personal Information is Protected
All personal information identifying our customers is confidential. EMC does not sell your personal information, nor does EMC provide such information to third parties for the purpose of marketing products or services unrelated to EMC’s products or services. EMC does not disclose your information to third parties, except those acting on our behalf which include vendors, contractors, agents and affiliates under strict contracts involving customer service, collections, or the enhancement of our customer programs.
EMC uses industry-standard practices to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration and destruction. Such measures include, but are not limited to, firewalls and technology to encrypt and protect transmissions of sensitive information. However, no security system is fail-safe, and EMC cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons.
While EMC will not intentionally disclose your account password to a third party, you are primarily responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your password and should take precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of your user name and password. Such precautions may include not sharing your user name and password with third party services or not using your password with any other website. Passwords are your first line of defense against unauthorized access to your account and, if compromised, your account may be violated. Please contact us immediately if you feel your password has been compromised.
Information on Other Websites
EMC does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure – For California Residents Only
- Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that EMC collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the Effective Date of this Disclosure, may fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card number;
- age, gender, or other protected classifications;
- commercial information, such as purchase activity;
- professional information, for example data you may provide about your business; and
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that EMC disclosed for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the Effective Date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if we use a third-party carrier to deliver your order;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third-party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third-party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a service provider to help us gather crash reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services; and
- professional information, for example if we provide your account details to a service provider for verification as part of enrollment in a EMC account.
Opt-out and Contact Information
- No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the Effective Date of this Disclosure, EMC has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- No Discrimination. EMC will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
1 Goodson Street
Bristol, Virginia 24201